Re: Blends integration into the Debian Installer

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
> Quoting Ole Streicher (2016-05-24 14:48:22)
>> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>> > Quoting Ole Streicher (2016-05-24 10:55:13)

>> > For both debian-parl and debian-design it is a sensible compromise for
>> > now to include only "parl-desktop" and skip region- or topic-specific
>> > metapackages.
>>
>> Could you put this into the tasks files of the blends?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand: Please elaborate.
>
> NB! Above blends are built using boxer, not blends-dev - is "tasks
> files" perhaps something specific to blends-dev?

See my other mail. It is primarily meant for the blends-dev framework,
but it is not limited to it. If you do it differently, all you need is a
<blend>-all file.

BTW, Since the debian-blends-task.desc was created from what I found in
https://www.debian.org/blends/ and DebianParl was not listed as having
metapackages, it is currently missing in the debian-blends-tasks.desc
file (the same for Debian Design and FreedomBox). So, if DebianParl
should be included there: could you add its section to the file, or send
me a patch?

If DebianParl uses metapackages, it would be also good to have a link to
a web representation of these in https://www.debian.org/blends/; this
would IMO make the blend more transparent.

Best regards

Ole