Re: Blends naming in the Debian installer

Quoting Charles Plessy (2016-07-21 16:24:16)
> Le Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 06:17:26PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :
> > On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
> >
> > > 1) no understanding of what a "Debian Pure Blend" is
> > > 2) Also "Debian Astro", "Debian Junior" are not understandable easily.
> > >
> > > --> we should have better menu names here, which help a person who is
> > > new to Debian to understand what is going on here.
> >
> > Agreed, the codenames we use for our projects shouldn't be exposed to
> > first time users, instead we should use terms used by the targets of
> > each blend to describe themselves and their peers.

I like your suggestion, Paul.

> in the case of Debian Med, I think that it is hard to avoid the codename.  We
> are covering different user roles (patients, medical doctors, research
> scientist, etc.), different professions (practitionner, software developer,
> system administrator, ...), or different fields (medecine, bioinformatics,
> neuroscience, microbiology, etc.).  Therefore, we need to make ourselves known
> as "Debian Med".  We should aim that people download a Debian installer with
> the goal of installing Debian Med, and help them to find us by that name.

Would "medical users, professionals, and researchers" be descriptive?

I believe the information provided via debian-installer should be
targeted new users (who will not recognize brands/codenames).

 - Jonas