Re: Blends integration into the Debian Installer

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> Hi Ole,
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:55:13AM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> in the alpha-6 relase of the debian installer, blends can selected for
>> the first time directly during installation [1]. This was implemented by
>> adding a blends-dev/debian-blends-tasks.desc file on a place where the
>> "tasksel" step can find it.
>
> That's *very* good news and might realise a dream I'm dreaming of more
> than 10 years. ;-)

Let's see if we can keep a good compromise here. I was a bit surprised
about the emotions and personalities that popped up in the discussion.

>> * what are their requirements to be listed in the default installation
>>   image?
>>
>> * can they live with just *one* option as a compromise?
>>
>> * if not: what needs to be done to get your requirement into the
>>   installer?
>>
>> For Debian-Astro, I can (unsurprisingly) state that having one checkbox
>> only is a compromise that works. What about the others?
>
> For Debian Med it would be a big enhancement over not beeing mentioned
> in the installer at all.

That is probably the main driver here. Please note that this is now
"opt-in" as changed to resolve #825004.

I will open wishlist bug reports for all blends mentioned in the web
page to clarify if and what they want to have in a default
installation.

> If we might have only a single selection option for Stretch we might
> even go with just the Biology part.  So in the end we could cope with
> a one option compromise to not make things more complicated than they
> need to be.

Could you put the "Install: true" tag into the task headers of the
debian-med package that should go into the default installation, and
edit the debian-blends-tasks.desc in the blends package to reflect the
selection you make?

Best regards

Ole