Re: #793667: forced depends (instead of recommends) using blends-dev (was gosa-plugin-netgroups not pulled-in when upgrading from Debian Edu squeeze mainserver)

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 08:51:51AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> You can do this with the attached patch overriding the dist target to
> afterwards change the d/control file.  Feel free to `git am` into the
> repository.

thanks for the patch, though #825004 has broken the "dist" target for us
in sid…

I'll think whether I want to use this to fix this issue (#793667) in jessie
though.

> Since a long time I'm wondering whether we should craft tasks files to
> express what we "really" want (like specifying mostly all dependencies
> as "Recommends" and leave the "Depends" for what we really mean as
> Depends.  Since there are the frequently discusses drawbacks and
> compatibility issues with the current tasks files this is nothing that
> should be done quickly.  So for the moment "post-processing" of the
> d/control file in the proposed manner should provide a quick (and
> hopefully not to dirty) solution.

Debian Edu mostly only uses the blends framework to create these meta
packages, (and since we frequently have had issues with that) so since
some time I have been thinking whether if it wouldnt be better to just
not use the frame work and just maintain debian/control manually…

--
cheers,
	Holger