#793667: forced depends (instead of recommends) using blends-dev (was gosa-plugin-netgroups not pulled-in when upgrading from Debian Edu squeeze mainserver)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: #793667: forced depends (instead of recommends) using blends-dev (was gosa-plugin-netgroups not pulled-in when upgrading from Debian Edu squeeze mainserver)
- From: Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 08:15:50 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20160523081550.GC31363@layer-acht.org>
- In-reply-to: <20160522203046.Horde.ELSxV0TevejhHhKqgtOWIIf@mail.das-netzwerkteam.de>
- References: <20150726092422.Horde.jgOuOSs57Wp1l9zl6mpSbw9@mail.das-netzwerkteam.de> <20160520085954.GB5012@layer-acht.org> <20160522203046.Horde.ELSxV0TevejhHhKqgtOWIIf@mail.das-netzwerkteam.de>
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 06:30:39PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> The relevant gosa-plugin* pks should go into Depends: of education-mainserver task/bin:pkg. IMHO.
I'm not sure we can do this using the blends-dev package.
Background for the blends developers:
The debian-edu source package creates many education-* metapackages,
which recommend and suggest various other packages.
This used to work nicely, but #793667 shows that this causes problems on
upgrades, as new recommends are not installed, so the package
gosa-plugin-netgroups is not pulled-in when upgrading from Debian Edu
So we would like to force a depends on this gosa-plugin-netgroups
package. How can we do that?
Description: Digital signature