Re: how to get list of debianmed packages

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> I tried your converted tasks_udd.py and after fixing a simply syntax
> error I was running into:
>
> $ tasks_udd.py debian-med
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 28, in <module>
>     tasks.GetAllDependencies()
>     [...]
>   File "[...]/blendsmarkdown.py", line 114, in MarkupString
>     % (elem, pkg, lang, 'debug-string', str(err)))
> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>
> This does not happen when rendering debian-astro.

That is a stupid bug introduced by me ('%' has higher priority than
'+'). I fixed this in the repository now. Sorry.

However, this happens only if there is a unicode error -- I think this
is the last appeareance of UnicodeError. I will check why the
UnicodeError actually appears here in debian-med. I would guess that
this is an encoding problem in one of the DebianMed tasks.

> If you have both outputs ("classic" and "udd") you can compare these
> using test_output_udd.py.
>
> The main issue I was working on is that the prospective packages which
> are not yet in VCS (== exclusively mentioned inside the tasks files) are
> not yet rendered.  The data are gathered into UDD properly and are
> residing inside the table blends_unknown_packages but not rendered
> yet.

So this is still not implemented in blendstasktools_udd.py?

>> The UDD ist quite difficult to use. Look into blendstasktools.py to see
>> what an amount to code is needed to get it into a usable form. In
>> contrary, the web pages could be generated from a JSON file with just
>> applying the template.
>
> I agree to some extend but I'd volunteer to inject handy SQL functions
> into UDD to reduce complexity for certain tasks.

SQL is just a difficult beast, especially for non-daily users. Having
the information available as JSON as well would make it much easier to
develop customized frontends.

And, offering the information of our blends pages also as JSON would IMO
help *us* to separate the data model from the presentation; in the
moment they are somehow mixed a bit.

Best regards

Ole