Re: New upstream data in blends query

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 01:46:46PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks.  We are hoping for polar lights. ;-)
>>
>> Did you see any?
>
>    http://fam-tille.de/island2016/slides/20160302_004944_ILCE-7_dsc01823.html
>
> We've seen some more and brighter ones but here the foreground
> is nice as well. ;-)

Whow! This is really worth going there!

> I'll answer the other part of your mail later but I perfectly agree that
> my poking into encoding issues is naive at best.  I'm happy about any
> enhancement.

OK, I now checked in quite a number of changes (in the python-2
directory). blendsunicode.py and to_unicode() are gone completely
there. This is checked locally, and after the afternoon rebuild I will
see whether there are still problems in any blend.

For the python-3 directory: would you mind if I would move the work from
a directory into a separate branch? This would make taking over changes
from the python-2 directory much easier (cherrypicking).

Best regards

Ole