Re: New upstream data in blends query

Hi Andreas,

while you are discovering remote areas on Earth...

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
>> > Pushed now, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>> Thank you very much for this.
>
> You are welcome.  It is just motivating if somebody joins the effort to
> work on the tasks pages. :-)

Something is not completely working here: I get no upstream_repository
entry, and also only a few upstream_bugs entries, although I have quite
many packages with d/u/metadata conteining them. Somehow they don't pass
via UDD.

> BTW, there is an encoding error if there are special HTML characters in the
> references.  For example see:
>    Please cite: Fr&#233;d&#233;ric Mah&#233;, Torbj&#248;rn Rognes, ...
> It would be really cool if you could hunt this down meanwhile. :-)

I had a look into this. The main problem is that the unicode stuff is
somehow "pragmatically" distributed over the files:

* Many strings (including the questioned one) are handled by
  to_unicode() from blendsunicode.py, which explicitely encodes them as
  XML entities. I now removed the encoding there; however we should
  generally get rid of this function.

* The english long description, the publication title and authors are
  also additionally explcicitely encoded with XML entities.

IMO, we should use "real" unicode strings (without any escapes)
everywhere in the code, and do the encoding only when we write to
files. Writing to files with a specific encoding can be simply done by
using "codecs.open()" instead of the open() builtin.

I changed this for the old webtools.

> Thanks.  We are hoping for polar lights. ;-)

Did you see any?

Cheers

Ole