Re: Debian Pure Blends Webpages

"Iain R. Learmonth" <irl@debian.org> writes:
> I have finally seperated the data from the presentation for the landing page
> for Debian Pure Blends (https://www.debian.org/blends/). I've only just done
> this so it may not have rebuilt yet.

Thank you very much for this work!

I have some comments here (based on the build Sat, Jan 23 19:25:09 UTC 2016):

The font within the tables is smaller than the regular font. IMO this
makes it a harder to read, and also doesn't look very aesthetically
(just my opinion). I would try to restrict the number of fonts (and
sizes) to a minimum.

All entries in the "Description" Column have the format "The goal of
$BLEND is". This looks like an unneeded redundancy: you could just
rename the column from "Description" to "Goal" and remove the first
few words.

This can be taken even further: the continuation then is "... to
provide|develop|support|...". Maybe, one could even rename this column
to "Targetted audience" (or similar, sorry: I am not a native english
speaker)? This would reduce the text of the page quite much, which
would make the small font even more unneeded.

Sure, this is more a content point that part of the web site, but maybe
we could edit our content here?

A third suggestion: Many blends have their own logo. For the overview,
it may be nice to have the logo there as well.

Best regards

Ole