Re: Blends pages, tasks pages etc.

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 09:06:55AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> > I guess I simple wrote the ftpnew importer before I had the idea to also
> > fetch these data.  For sure it is relevant - I think I need to store
> > this information in UDD.
>
> They are alredy fetched for the "started" packages, so one would just
> need to (re-)enable them for the NEW packages, right?

Not really.  The import comes from different data sources and the tables
are not mixed (and IMHO also should not be mixed).

> > Currently the only data imported from d/u/metadata are the publication
> > data.  I agree that in the long run everything should be imported.
>
> If you would point me to the place where this is done in bdt.py, I could
> do this as well.

UDD is developed here:

   ssh://git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git

You need to define a new table and write an importer.

> > Yes.  Left column of
> >
> >    http://blends.debian.org/med/bugs/bio.html
> >
> > or similar.
>
> I will take the bug info from there -- what about CI?
>
> I am still not sure in how much this all duplicates the QA pages: does
> it really make sense to have blends-private Todo-Lists and
> blends-private Bugs pages with an interface totally different from the
> QA?

I'm not fully sure.  I just noticed that to view people are watching QA
pages (measured by the number of (long standing and unanswered) open
bugs).  I was hoping that we could attract a new group of bug fixers out
of Blends users.  I would not call my attempt a success.  Feel free to
ignore the bugs pages.  I did not advertised them a lot since I'm not
sure if this is really helpful but I also think it does not harm to have
a bug overview per Blends task (which you can not get on the QA pages).