Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 07:54:00PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > - Writing test suite to compare the output of old tasks.py and new
> tasks_udd.py
>
> Just a small clarification - what exactly do we mean by ' comparing the
> output of old tasks.py and new tasks_udd.py' ? Is it comparing the html
> tasks files created along with the html tags, \n, \t, spaces and no. of
> characters or just comparing the content in the two files (without taking
> the escape characters and html tags in consideration)? Also, for lines that
> do not match, should it be output somewhere ? Or just an assert will do ?

We should allow some sloppyness for sure.  In any case the packages (and
the sequence of packages) should fit.  Also the metainformation should
be identical (popcon, versions, Vcs-fields etc.)  Since we have nearly
identical templates it might possibly the simplest way to do a diff by
ignoring spaces.  Just try to find something "sensible" that ensures
that the html rendering looks somehow identical regarding its content.

Hope this vague description sounds reasonable