Re: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py

Hi Akshita,

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 01:38:04AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > It is created in /srv/udd.debian.org/udd but only if the following
> > conditions are valid on your machine:
> >
> >     # if there is a working LaTeX installation try to build a BibTeX
> > database and test it by creating a debian.pdf file
> >     if isfile('/usr/bin/pdflatex') and access('/usr/bin/pdflatex', X_OK)
> > and \
> >        isfile('/usr/bin/bibtex')   and access('/usr/bin/bibtex', X_OK) and
> > \
> >        (
> > isfile('/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/ecrm.mf') or
> > \
> >
> >  isfile('/usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/ecrm.mf') ) :
> >

> My bad. Don't know how I missed this !

I perfectly can understand this since you need to dive through a lot of
new code.  Don't mind - I see my obligation as mentor in guiding you
into this.

> I installed LaTeX and all the files
> were created. The diff of debian.tex and debian.bib files gave no
> differences. I have sent a patch that modifies
> blends_prospective_gatherer.py: bibref_prospective_gatherer inserts new
> references in the bibref table, irrespective of whether they are from VCS
> or Debian Mirror. However, it did not update the already existing
> references (added from Debian Mirror) depending on the entry in VCS. This
> commit enables the update.
>
> So, do I consider this issue fixed ?

I'll need to check tomorrow.  It might be we need to determine the
sequence of importers and generate debian.{tex,bib} in the last one.

> > Hope at least my timely response are helping you over missing docs
> >
> Your prompt response to all my queries is very motivating. Thanks alot for
> your patience. It is very highly appreciated.

I'll try my best. :-)