Re: [PATCH] Modify blends_prospective_gatherer.py : Avoid duplicate entries in table blends_prospectivepackages. Insert in UDD the package which has the latest chlog_date
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Akshita Jha <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Modify blends_prospective_gatherer.py : Avoid duplicate entries in table blends_prospectivepackages. Insert in UDD the package which has the latest chlog_date
- From: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:59:07 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20151019095907.GC20759@an3as.eu>
- In-reply-to: <20150925095752.GD31808@an3as.eu>
- References: <email@example.com> <20150922102032.GF20451@an3as.eu> <CAKW+_ezM52-MEt=C-u3pxiqMOK-uD2Ga9yKCkdYhun_2akqrnQ@mail.gmail.com> <20150925095752.GD31808@an3as.eu>
did you found any time to work on this or was my mail not precise
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:57:52AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Akshita,
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 02:19:10PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, it somehow seems the trouble with not importet references for
> > > prospective packages remains. It seems to happen only on udd.debian.org
> > > (not on my local clone).
> > I am sorry but I don't completely understand the issue. The publications
> > information for prospective packages is being added to tasks pages .
> I think the problem is that there are several jobs dealing with the
> bibref table. If not all jobs are finished and the tasks pages are
> created the table is incomplete. My temporary hack was to delay the
> tasks pages creation two hours later seemed to have worked but that's
> not a solution. The proper way would be to merge
> bibref+ftpnew+blends-prospective all in one transaction to make sure
> that at all times the information is complete.
> > > I do not understand this issue at all but I
> > > think we should really put bibref + ftpnew + blends-prospective in a
> > > single transaction which makes sense in any case.
> > >
> > I am unable to clearly understand what you mean by a single transaction. Do
> > you mean merging the scripts bibref_gatherer.py, ftpnew_gatherer.py and
> > blends_prospective_gatherer.py ?
> > Can you please elaborate a little on this ?
> Was my explanation above precise enough?
> > I am sorry for the late response. I'll work on this and importing
> > prospective package information at the earliest.
> No need to sorry - I was delaying things on my end as well...
> Kind regards
> > 
> > https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/blends/website.git/commit/?id=c9481c41ebb3c790ba8f73e10b1639dee221e7ab