Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Akshita,
>
> I checked on my side and believe it or not I'm beaten again by some
> encoding problem:
>
> $ tasks_udd.py debian-med
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 183, in <module>
>     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 1275: ordinal not in range(128)

I will look into this.

> For sure I could try to inspect the code for the cause of the problems
> above if you want me to do so.  The structure of the issues I mentioned
> above seem to my experience not really hard to solve but please tell me
> explicitely if you need coding help (which I'd gladly provide if you ask
> me to).

I will solve the issues you mentioned and some other problems as well. As you said, fixing them does not seem very difficult and I will be able to do them on my own.

> > Also, what should be our work objective for this week (July 19 - July 25).
>
> Fixing the issues above seems to be a sensible goal.  If you manage before
> the end of the week (which does not seem improbable to me) we might have
> a look into importing the prospective package information from the tasks
> files into UDD (which are not yet available there).

I will complete the above goals before the end of this week and then look at importing the prospective package information into UDD.

Regards,
Akshita