Re: Processing of (debian-science) tasks

Hi Ole,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:56:14AM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am curious whether there is a log file available for the processing of
> the tasks files (f.e. debian-science) to create the web pages?

The log files can be accessed here:

   http://blends.debian.org/_logs/http://blends.debian.org/_logs/

> Specifically, I am looking at the "astronomy" pages:
>
> http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/astronomy
>
> which have some glitches that I do not understand:
>
> * Fitscut has "??? missing short description for package fitscut :-(" as
>   its description -- however, the debian/control file actually *has* a
>   short and a long description

Strange was this package recently (= in the last 48 hours) accepted?
I'd need to check UDD about this.  In principle the following should
be seen:

$ apt-cache show fitscut | grep -A 3 ^Description-en
Description-en: Extract cutouts from FITS image format files
 fitscut is designed to extract cutouts from FITS image format files.
 FITS, PNG, and JPEG output types are supported. When multiple input
 files are specified and the output type is PNG or JPEG the resulting

Can't check right now - if the problem persists after the next UDD +
tasks page update we should clarify this.

> * For some packages, the description seems to come from the git
>   repository, while for others it is taken from the packages in
>   unstable. F.e. cpl-plugin-muse has the description from unstable
>   (which would have a fixed version in git)

For *existing* packages the description is taken from unstable.  For so
called "prospective" packages the description is taken from VCS.  In
UDD we keep the VCS metadata only for not yet existing packages.

> * I recently added lots of upstream/metadata to my packages; some of
>   them show up now, but others don't. f.e. cpl-plugin-muse shows the
>   citation (from git), while sextractor does not (also has one in git).

This issue is most probably caused by a broken Umegaya (see [2]).  The
current task of the Blends GSoC student is to prefer VCS metadata over
Umegaya (which also queries VCS but is actually broken[2]).  So this
will hopefully be solved in the next couple of days.

> * Some packages don't mention the uploader(s), f.e. Python-scientific has
>   Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel (from the PTS), but the astronomy page shows
>   "Maintainer: Debian Science Maintainers ()"

Hmmm, perhaps checking this might be the next task for the GSoC student
to solve?  Need to check this as well.

Thanks for your close look!  That's very welcome.  Feel free to bring
in enhancements since this might inspire the GSoC project.

[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2015/02/msg00038.html