Re: [GSoC] Profiling SQL query (Was: [GSoC] Reg Blends Web Sentinel)

Hi,

I will definitely work on this. But, unfortunately my system crashed today. I am fixing that now. Will start working on it as soon as I can. Thanks alot for your patience.

Regards,
Akshita Jha

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi again,

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 10:28:01PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> I have sent another patch which sends 'long_description' to to_unicode().
> Now, './bugs_udd.py debian-games' runs without any error. Also, there are
> no errors for debian-junior and debian-med.

As I said yesterday this does work now perfectly.  However, today I tried
update-all-bugs_udd to calculate all Blends and I needed to inject some

  if [ "$blend" != "debian-edu" ]

since the processing takes ages (I actually never waitet for finishing).
So I injected some time measurement and it turned out that the query
query_bug_packages is responsible for the main time of the whole job.

$ cat logs/*bugs_udd.out
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-3dprinter' took 1 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-accessibility' took 1 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-ezgo' took 27 seconds
Time: 281.581650019
Query: EXECUTE query_bug_packages('debian-games')
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-games' took 299 seconds
Time: 34.5106248856
Query: EXECUTE query_bug_packages('debian-gis')
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-gis' took 37 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-hamradio' took 0 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-imaging' took 4 seconds
Time: 868.058537006
Query: EXECUTE query_bug_packages('debian-junior')
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-junior' took 892 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-lex' took 1 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-med' took 27 seconds
Time: 193.018954039
Query: EXECUTE query_bug_packages('debian-multimedia')
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-multimedia' took 198 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-pan' took 2 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-sanctuary' took 0 seconds
Time: 183.071342945
Query: EXECUTE query_bug_packages('debian-science')
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debian-science' took 194 seconds
Rendering bugs from UDD for Blend 'debichem' took 1 seconds

If you enjoy some optimising of my initial query which was quite naive
without any speed optimisation in mind this would be the final step to
replace the original bugs.py (which needed actually replacing *because*
of speed considerations since it was doing everything in very small
queries to a remote host once you go into production were UDD runs
remotely).