Re: Motivation to work on Blends

Quoting Andreas Tille (2014-10-29 15:56:20)
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 02:28:24PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>> I'm simply astonished if people starting to code something else
>>> since they prefer Perl over Python
>>
>> You're surprised that people rewrite foo because of bar??? Really???
>> How long have you been involved in free software? That happens all
>> the time.
>
> That's quoting the wrong part.  It is no rewrite to change the
> language since the current "simple script" (see above) is actually
> Perl and not Python.

You still don't get it, Andreas: "foo" and "bar" are *examples* - they
do not equate specifically to "whatever Python" and "whatever Perl".

You misunderstood my original use of those terms.  Here, holger
explicitly hint at it being arbitrary by replacing with "foo" and "bar".

Stop staring at the misunderstanding.  Move on please.

>> Also this ain't nothing new: there has always been more than one tool
>> to create Debian Blends, and there always will be :) Which is great!
>
> That's not my main problem.  My problem is that the information
> dropped in "by chance".  I was criticising a lack of announcement +
> discussion. I have no problems with alternatives.

Thanks for clarifying that now: I totally missed in your previous posts
that lack of announcement-discussion was what you ciritcised.

 - Jonas