visibility of Debian Pure Blends (was: adding krita to the design blend)

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 13:46 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> I also wonder about the visibility to meta packages like this. I am not aware
> of a complete list of them. I am away of debian junior, debian med, recently
> saw parl for parliamentary work… but how does the user discover these? Well
> thats to a different forum to discuss probably, just wondered about it.

The visibility of Debian Pure Blends is an ongoing discussion and there
is a lot of work to do in this area, some things:

There is a list of blends on the main page about blends:

http://blends.debian.org/

There is a list of a few blends and possible blends on our wiki page:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends

All of the metapackages should have Section: metapackages, which you can
browse in aptitude but probably few other places. In particular that
isn't visible on the list of sections on the packages website (#766875):

https://packages.debian.org/sid/

We need to implement something on www.d.o like the using Fedora page but
integrating blends stuff. So it would have testimonials, general areas
of usage (blends) and perhaps more specific tasks.

https://fedoraproject.org/using/

We would love to have some help with these if you are interested :)

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise