Re: Only one Depends per paragraph is allowed (Was: [SCM] games branch, master, updated. 0.10-21-g435d459)

Hi Markus,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 11:04:49PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> I'm subscribed to the list.

Yes, sorry for CC.  At first I wanted to write you in private but I
considered it a useful general hint later.

> On 08.10.2014 22:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > please do *not* delete lines between the Depends.  This is invalid
> > syntax since only one Depends field is allowed per paragraph (as in
> > all debian/control files)!  If you want to compress the tasks files
> > you could perhaps do:
>
> Those removed empty lines were part of task files and not debian/control
> files. When I run "make dist" the result is the same with or without an
> extra empty line and the control file is perfectly valid.

That's since the current code to parse the tasks files is not using
deb822 reader (from debian import deb822).  The tasks files are no
control files but they follow dep822 format (as for instance
debian/control files).  It is pure lack that the blends-dev tools are
more tolerant here.

> The requirement for an extra empty line seems to be neither documented
> nor enforced currently.

Perhaps the documentation part is to weak.

> I also don't see a reason why the latter should
> be necessary since both options work appropriately. Is this really a
> problem?

If you do not believe me have a look at the tasks pages. :-)