Re: Any news about Blends in tasks selection (Was: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release)

Quoting Andreas Tille (2014-10-16 08:47:19)
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 07:49:32PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
>> On occasion, I've needed a single-use system; something that boots up
>> into an application and that shuts down when that application exits.
>> (Having the full power of Debian in the background is a nice feature,
>> but mostly unused.)  For example, for dancing rehearsal I want the
>> instructors to be able to switch their computer on and have the sound
>> program start up without any interaction.  It isn't hard to set this
>> up, but if I want to tell other dancing instructors how to do this,
>> it requires more steps than I would like.  I've tried making custom
>> live CDs, with a special package that does these things.
>>
>> Would this use case also be a reason for creating a personal blend?
>> Or even an official one?
>
> Jonas has answered this question.  I'd like to add that I'm no fan of
> "personal" things since you spoil the idea of forming a team around
> the idea.  I could perfectly imagine such a Blend and every specific
> application is a separate "task" (in the Blends slang).  So you can
> assemble those people with the goal to run one dedicated application.

And I fully agree with Andreas: I assumed you were talking about "Debian
Blends" as defined at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends#Terminology and that you
therefore really a generally reusable Blend (sparked by personal _needs_
which I see as a perfectly fine drive for creating a Debian Blend).

I am sorry if I twisted your meaning.

 - Jonas