Re: Debian Games Blend: development tasks

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:50 AM, Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently experimenting with some new tasks for the Games Blend to
> facilitate the development of games in different programming languages.
> For now I have created:
>
> http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/c++-dev
>
> http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/python-dev
>
> http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/java-dev
>
> I would like to hear your opinion about these tasks. Do you miss
> something like libraries, editors or tools? What kind of development
> packages would you prefer? The general idea is to suggest several
> IDEs/editors and recommend important libs and packages for games
> development but keep out everything else that is not specifically
> related to games. You can also suggest packages that are not in Debian yet.

Sounds good to me, although I'm not too sure about including actual
games with these tasks (e.g. freecol, triplea with java-dev) since I
feel they're kind of out of scope?

> I think python-dev is relatively simple (it's all about python-pygame,
> isn't it ;) ).

I'd add python-kivy to that list.

One question I have is whether this metapackage is going to install
both python2 and python3 modules, or if you'd rather have two separate
metapackages.

> I'm also going to ask on debian-java for more input about java-dev.

liblwjgl-java is the first thing that springs to mind (and you have
that already, actually), but unfortunately it looks like the current
package in testing isn't fit for release as-is. :(

Regards,
Vincent

P.S. not subscribed to debian-blends, please cc me if
debian-devel-games is dropped