Regarding Dominican Distro

Hi all,

My name is Franky. I am member of Free Software Dominican Foundation
[0].

In a recent email talk with Andreas and Gunnar [1], regarding a new
project of Dominican Telecommunications Institute [2] to create a
national GNU/Linux distribution, we are not sure about create a Blend
or a Derivate. Andreas recommended us to come asking this list.

The purpose of this project is to provide an operating platform focused
on education and household use for digital inclusion. The motivation of
our doubts comes due our inexperience to build and maintain this kind
of project.

We were looking several projects like Huayra [3] and Canaima [4],
both based on Debian.

Based on our comments, what do you suggest?

[0] http://fdsl.org.do
[1] http://gwolf.org/
[2] http://indotel.gob.do
[3] http://huayra.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/