Re: Updating task screenshots from developer websites

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> For instance there are screenshots which are obviosly taken on different
> operating systems than Debian etc.  So please study the criteria first
> and see whether they are fullfilled - otherwise it would be better to
> try to create an own screenshot.  As far as I know (but I'm not sure)
> there is some review process of the screenshots before they are accepted
> (to prevent spammers placing their product as screenshot).  I think
> keeping the reviewers busy with something they finally need to refuse is
> no good service.

As one of the screenshot reviewers I should say something here. We
definitely need more screenshots, some Sundays I login to find no
screenshots waiting for review so your efforts are appreciated! I'm
fairly sure that the screenshots should be original screenshots
created by the screenshot uploader and not copied from upstream
websites but I don't know where that feeling of mine comes from.
Definitely I would reject screenshots that aren't plausibly from
Debian/Ubuntu or at least Linux.

--
bye,
pabs