Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

I have a question about the automatic changelog entry. As we said in some previous discussions the changelog entry is injected between some *flags* in the changelog like: * start automatically injected changes * [entry here] * end automatically injected changes *. For the moment the Makefile fails(printing a proper message) in case it does not find any of the 2 flags(start/end). Also it fails in case it does not find a tasks.<json> containing the dependencies from the previous release(so it can not perform the comparison). Should I let it as is or make it optional? I mean if any of the above cases occurs, the Makefile should fail or just print a warning message and generate the orig.tar.gz anyway?

Also there is still one thing left(I forgot about that while I was at debconf). We should ask debian-edu people if they need the packages.txt / avoidpackages.txt to be stored in orig.tar.gz(should I send an email into this list?)

Using debian-med/debian-science as examples I compared previous and current blends-dev and they have no differences(except the packages which do not exist in blend_dependencies_alternatives UDD table).

Kind regards

Emmanouil