Re: Clarification of the project idea 'Enhancing Debian Blends web sentinel'

Hi Aditya,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 02:27:25AM +0530, Aditya Bhardwaj wrote:
> Yep.. I was promptly replied to my first mail to you.. And yeah that's the
> one which you have posted.:-)
> Anyways, I sent you a mail almost similar to this.. only addressed to a
> mailing list. The reason why I expected you to reply late was this:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2013/04/msg00026.html

Ahhh, this ... ;-)
I did not yet left home - so I can answer right now.

> Though, I have been promptly replied to yet again..:-)

Should be standard ...

> I also went through the code sources that you posted. However, it looks
> like in order to move forward I need to get the relevant environment setup
> on my machine. So, I went through http://udd.debian.org/hacking.html
> and it looks like I need some access via alioth.

Having an alioth login is a good idea in any case.

> So, I applied for an account on the site. Waiting for the same to be
> created.
> Shall it provide the required access?
>
> Am I going the right way..? Do I need to setup some sort of virtualenv ?

I have set up a testing environment running an UDD clone at
blends.debian.net.  Here you can fiddle around with new stuff and test
some things without crashing something in production.  If you send me
your prefered login name and your ssh public key I can enable you a
login on this machine.  (This might be somehow delayed by my vac ...)

Whether you need a virtual machine at home or not is a matter of taste.
I also have an UDD clone running on my machine at home but I do update
it only rarely (just a matter of bandwidth) - it is fine for developing
blends code locally / offline.

Any further questions?