Re: python-cdd ???

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 03:49, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
> when seeking site:debian.org for not yet replaced strings of CDD (some
> Wiki pages had dangling symlinks) I noticed by chance that you keep on
> maintaining the package python-cdd (other authors inside the code in CC
> as well as blends list).  I found 10 hits on debian-custom list about
> this back in 2006 (when I was occupied by real life issues) and I have
> even seen responding me to one post with the request to add some
> documentation.  I admit I totally lost it out of focus and forgot about
> its existence - schame on me (and I obviosely missed the chance to
> dicsuss with you about it at DebConf :-().

No problem; in fact I took too long to reply to this mail since I was
processing the work backlog until this weekend :-D

> Could you please give some short overview about usage.  According to
> your advise I tried `pydoc cdd` which is refering to
> http://projetos.ossystems.com.br/python-cdd which throws 404 and there
> is not really much information given by pydoc.

Indeed something to be fixed; I will try to find some time to put it
into GitHub that is where we have been using for public repositories
at work.

> The only thing that I can find vie apt-cache rdepends is
> debpartial-mirror which is using python-cdd.
>
> So could you please be a bit more verbose about its use.  Is there any
> use in our Blends effort?  I'm specifically asking because I would like
> to do some code rewrite sooner or later and I would like to make sure
> that I will not miss some helpful code.

It might be useful; it has support to "solve" package depends and then
it provides a nice problem solver for packages; you might find it
useful.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br