Re: Blend creation tool

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 07:29:22AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On 06/23/2011 06:26 AM, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > I often need to turn a package selection + preseeds into a D-I CD.
> > Basically, the simplest of blends.
>
> I think live-build is well suited to this job, gives you the bonus of
> having a live image as well as an installer, and is well supported. I
> have been meaning to add something to the Examples section of the manual
> at http://live.debian.net/manual. If you have the list of packages and
> preseeds for a particular simple blend in mind, I could quickly draft
> something.

Right, I'm studying it now.

Things I'll need to look into:

 - a way NOT to have the live image and to only have the installer, in
   case we run short of space in the installation media;
 - a way to automatically start the installer and not the live image,
   since the installation happens on a machine with no input devices
   besides the power switch, and has to run completely unattended from
   boot to "All done: You can remove installation media and power cycle"
   message at the end.

Let's see what I find.

Ciao,

Enrico