Re: making a metapackage

Hi,

What are tasks doing in the process? Are you able to make different metapackages at once with tasks? Do you need to edit debian/control or is this made via the tasks?

Where can I find the 'working example see Debian Med packages >= 1.0 .'?

I don't understand the whole concept yet. should I make more task files to make more metapackages or do I have to set those in one task?

Why is there more then one entry of Depends in the file below? Which one has which aim?

\r
---

Task: task1
 This metapackage will install Debian packages for use in
 task1 of Debian-_BLEND_.

Depends: dep-pkg1, dep-pkg2, ...
Suggests: sug-pkg1, ...

Depends: dep-pkg42
Why:     You might provide some reasons here ...
Responsible: Somebody who cares
NeedConfig:  no / yes via debconf

Depends:     _BLEND_-common
Why:         Optional reason for dependency of the _BLEND_-common package
Responsible: Optional _BLEND_Maintainer
NeedConfig:  Optional yes via debconf