Re: Enhances field (Was: r1771 - projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks)

Hi,

I'd like to give an update on the "Enhances" issue.  For the moment our
development instance of the webtools (debian-med.debian.net and
blends.debian.net) are running some new code which displays the packages
which are enhancing a package at the bottom of the long description (if
there is any such package).  Watch out for strings

   "The package is enhanced by the following packages:"

to see what I mean - there are not that many currently.  This is to have
a first overview, which packages are concerned in this topic.  As I told
you my plan is to include those enhancing packages into our bug
sentinel.  The reasoning for using this control field is given below and
in a discussion on debian-devel.

Steffen, you had problems with this but did not responded to my last
mail even if I explicitely asked you to.  So I assume you are either
overworked or convinced.  I would like to continue with this topic and
need a decision.  So I will *assume* you agree if I turn your

  Enhanced-By

fields in the tasks files into

  Enhances

fields in the package in question in our SVN to let it propagate with
the next upload.  Please tell me if you think this is not a good idea
and you are not happy with this change.

PS: BTW, the development servers at debian.net have another new feature:
    For group maintained packages you can now see the name of the last
    uploader as well.