Re: Raw implementation of Registration field feature

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:06:18PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Debian Med bio task today got a "Registration" field added.  It contains an
> URL where users of the software autodock should register to enable the
> authors for continuous funding of their work.  If you look at
>
>    http://debian-med.debian.net/tasks/bio#autodock

BTW, now also the Language field is used:

    http://debian-med.debian.net/tasks/bio#acedb-other

(right column inside yellow header, latest entry).  So from now on it makes
sense to copy the programming language as well from WNPP or whatever source of
information (Wiki) to the tasks file.  The programming language will not be
displayed for the official Debian packages and if a package becomes an official
package I would drop this information as well. Ratinale: I do not think that
the programming languageof an application for a user which just wants it to
run.  An exception are programming libraries but here the package name or
the description usually give a clue.  The reason why I regard the language for
an important information for prospective packages is that it might attract
(or distract) developers if they know whether they are fit for a task or not.

Any hints are welcome

Klarmachen zum Ändern!