Re: r1771 - projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:51:53PM +0000, Debian Pure Blends Subversion Commit wrote:
>> Author: moeller
>> Date: Tue Aug 18 12:51:53 2009
>> New Revision: 1771
>>
>> Log:
>> Introduced "Friends" to indicate packages that are related and that should be shown,
>> but don't deserve to be listed as individual packages on the tasks pages.
>> Please take this as a suggestion.
>
> In principle I really like this suggestion, but the field name "Friends"
> sounds me to social and I would prefer a more technical term.  In
> debian/control fields we are using "Enhances" to express this kind of
> relation.  To use this as reference I would suggest to name the field:
>
>    Enhanced-By
>
> So this would make
>
>>  Depends: autodock
>> +Friends: autogrid
> Enhanced-By: autogrid
>
>> +Depends: autodocktools
>> +Friends: mgltools-dejavu, mgltools-pmv, mgltools-utpackages, mgltools-vision, mgltools-volume
> Enhanced-By: mgltools-dejavu, mgltools-pmv, mgltools-utpackages, mgltools-vision, mgltools-volume
>
> What do you think?

I'll go for it ... good to hear you like it (I was not sure).

While I was trying to rebuild the task pages myself, possibly finding the spot where to
care for the Enhanced-By, I had found the update-all-tasks script for it, I was lost
rather quickly. What I had found out I have now added to the script as a POD documentation
(which I use to document all my scripts, but you may have other ideas). Could you please
help that seed of a doc a bit more?

To help spontaneous volunteers like me a bit, I would like to see the tasks pages
themselves to give information about the scripts that have produced them. Like <tiny>This
page was created by <a href="../trac/..">blends/webtools/update-all-tasks</a> with

Would that be feasible?

Cheers,

Steffen