linux-image issue

Hello… I’m attempting to use Simple-CDD to build an iso for a system and Im running into a problem getting a custom kernel installed. I have it stored in a local directory that I am passing to build-simple-cdd via the –local-packages option and I can build the iso. The problem comes during installation. The iso fails to ‘unpack’ the linux-image package, and then the install is effectively over. It does the whole “will attempt to…. Up to 5 times….’

This leads me to my question… what is the preferred methodology for getting a custom kernel package both included in a profile and installed when building a custom iso via simple-cdd?

Thanks in advance for any assistance…

--ray