Re: seeking simple-cdd maintainers, testing for lenny

Am Montag, 14. Juli 2008 23:47 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 08:43:18PM +0200, Harry Jede wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2008 22:49 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:
> > > also, please test simple-cdd with lenny, using debian-cd from
> > > subversion(the current debian-cd package is borked, as far as i
> > > can tell):
> >
> > currently I have no problem with debian-cd from lenny or etch.
>
> i haven't seen the packaged debian-cd work building lenny CDs for a
> while now. a week or two ago, i still needed to use debian-cd svn.
Yes you are right. It is because the isolinux has changed to
isolinux.32?. I don't remember the correct name now. In the last weeks
I have used an own kernel and booted only without the graphical
installer on lenny. So I haven't seen this.

And for all the others, who need to build debian-cd from svn, here are
the commands to do this:

# assume you are staying in your simple-cdd dir
mkdir ../debian-svn
cd ../debian-svn
apt-get install svn-build-package
svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/debian-cd/trunk/
cd trunk/
svn-buildpackage -us -uc
dpkg -i ../build-area/debian-cd_*_all.deb
cd -

# and if you have an own debian-cd directory
# under my-simple-cdd, than do this:

rm -rf debian-cd/*
cp -a /usr/share/debian-cd/* debian-cd/

> > But please, change line 175 in simple-cdd/tools/mirror/reprepro
> >
> > from
> >  reprepro $reprepro_opts --nolistsdownload --noskipold update
> >  reprepro $reprepro_opts  --noskipold update
> >
> > with the option "--nolistsdownload" I have no chance, to follow the
> > updates of the official Debian mirrors.
>
> that's just when it's attempting to resolve dependencies... earlier
> in the process, it runs without --nolistsdownload. i guess there are
> corner cases if you did a simple-cdd build at the same time the
> mirror was getting updated... but a second run will correct that.
This problem has gone, after I have changed the mirror. Enrico has
posted this note  in the wiki:

Enrico Note: ftp.it and ftp.de do not seem to work, but I did not manage
to investigate why.

--

Gruss
	Harry Jede