Re: custom vs. derivative (Re: packages.gz corrupt, missing packages and other issues)

Hi,

Andreas, Jonas and me just had a nice real life discussion, which made me send
this mail.... the topic was that one cannot change a written down definition.
(Or at least I think this was the topic :)

Basically I'm just resending the following two paragraphs, with one term
exchanged...:

And IMO, either something is a Debian Subdistribution or not. Thats quite
binary in my opinion :-)

OTOH, I also think something can be called a Debian Subdistribution, even if
the aim, to be 100% part of Debian has not been achieved yet. As long as
there is this aim and work on this aim is being done.

regards,
	Holger