Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 04:25:16PM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 10:47 -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> > > simple-cdd 0.3.5 includes dependency resolution for provides.
> >
> > I'll try it tomorrow.

oops. it's apparently broken:

 http://bugs.debian.org/447293

should be fixed soon.

> Attached you'll find the simple-cdd.conf I'm currently using. If I use
> it with
>
> debian_mirror="http://http.us.debian.org/debian/";
> security_mirror="http://security.debian.org/";
> debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org/";
> mirror_components="main contrib"
> extra_mirror_components="main"

mirror_components_extra="main"

> then msttcorefonts (and anything in Debian's contrib) gets downloaded
> and into the CD. However, if I change to
>
> mirror_components="main contrib non-free"

i think it works properly with using "--conf simple-cdd.conf":

   locale=es_VE
   server="http.us.debian.org"
   debian_mirror="http://$server/debian/";
   # i've found ftp to be much more reliable for the wget part...
   wget_debian_mirror="ftp://$server/debian/";
   debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org/";
   mirror_components="main contrib non-free"
   mirror_components_extra="main"
   export DISKINFO="CNTI Debian GNU/Linux $DEBVERSION $CODENAME $(date --utc +%Y%m%d)"
   export DISKTYPE=CD700

i tried with a much smaller package set, including the ones you
mentioned that failed before, and some that are only in
debian-multimedia.org, and it seemed to work.

also, i tried moving all the simple-cdd.conf stuff into
profiles/CNTI.conf, but this revealed another bug, as profiles/*.conf is
not read before the defaults are set. i think i can fix it by moving the
profiles/*.conf handling earlier, and shouldn't cause other problems. i
think it was handled so late to work around problems with debian-cd's
CONF.sh unsetting all sorts of values.

patch committed in the bzr development branch:

 bzr get http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/bzr/simple-cdd/simple-cdd-devel/

live well,
  vagrant