Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 18:22 -0700, vagrant@freegeek.org wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:22:30PM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez Novich wrote:

> > > what version of simple-cdd and debian-cd you are using?
> >
> > simple-cdd 0.3.4 from Sid.
> > debian-cd 3.0.2 from Etch.
>
> ...snip...
> > > are you trying to build an etch, lenny or sid CD?
> >
> > I'm trying to build a Etch CD, including main, contrib an non-free
> > packages both from the main repositories and also from
> > debian-multimedia.org. There will also be a couple of local packages.
>
> did you specify debian-multimedia.org anywhere?

Yes.

debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org";

> > > what was the commandline you used for simple-cdd?
> >
> > Created a work directory, cd into it, created
> > profiles/Escritorio.packages with the list of desired packages and
> > profiles/Escritorio.preseed with several debconf preseeds. Also
> > created simple-cdd.conf and then ran
> >
> > simple-cdd --conf simple-cdd.conf --profiles-udeb-dist sid --do-mirror
> >
> > Everything worked fine. Got the "package nod found" error I wrote
> > about a couple of weeks ago, but solved it by manually checking for
> > Provides in the dependency list. Up to that point I was only using
> > packages in main.
>
> simple-cdd 0.3.5 includes dependency resolution for provides.

I'll try it tomorrow.

> > Then tried adding w32codecs from debian-multimedia.org, and it worked fine.
> >
> > Then tried adding msttcorefonts which is contrib and several packages
> > in non-free (mostly linux kernel modules and WiFi firmware) and it did
> > not download the packages at all.
>
> ...snip...

> > > profiles/profile.packages ? or profiles/default.packages ? or ... ?
> > >

> > profiles/Escritorio.packages

> > > how did you configure debian-cd? since simple-cdd version 0.3.2,
> > > debian-cd's CONF.sh is no longer used at all.
> >
> > I added
> >
> > export CONTRIB=1
> > export NONFREE=1
> >
> > to simple-cdd.conf
>
> this shouldn't be necessary if you configured mirror_components and/or
> mirror_components_extra (presumably for debian-multimedia.org).

I'll check that. However, I need contrib/non-free stuff from Debian
_and_ from debian-multimedia.org... is that possible?

> could you please attach all the files you used, and the exact
> commandline used to build?  seems like you have just three files,
> simple-cdd.conf and profiles/Escritorio.packages and
> profiles/Escritorio.preseed.
>
> anything else?

To the list, privately to you or both?
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.