Re: Preseeding and options - default or profile.preseed?

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 07:50:41PM -0300, Ivan Paganini wrote:
> First, thank you for the quick answer!

sure, but please reply to debian-custom, instead of me, so that others
can participate or learn from the experience :)

> The localization part is almost working, I am just trying to set everything
> right.

great :)

> The problem is with the packages... all the packages get inside the CD
> image, but there are not installed - the section Selecting and
> Installing packages just fails. The default.packages includes the
> packages on the distro, but does not install then.

any useful messages in /var/log/installer/syslog (in the installed
system, or /var/log/syslog while debian-installer is running) suggesting
why the packages fail to install?

did you include and linux-image packages in default.packages ? that's
best to leave to debian-installer's kernel selection...

> I confess that I did not searched extensively the link that you send
> to me, but in my first survey nothing was said about that.

yes, that link was more about debian-installer options regarding
preseeding.

> A quick workaround that Ive found was to do a apt-get install x-window-system
> AFTER the first system boot, but this is kind of... ugly ;-)

that is most certainly ugly and should not be happening.

good luck :)

live well,
  vagrant

p.s. please do not CC me, just send to debian-custom. thanks :)