Re: [proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 13:16 +0200, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> |--==> Jeroen van Wolffelaar writes:
>
>   JvW> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 01:42:51PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
>   >>There!  Suite is a *great* idea!
>
>   JvW> 'suite' is also used in dak to mean 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable' etc.
>   JvW> Those are 'suites'.
>
>   JvW> Not that this means you shouldn't use 'suite', but it is a terminology
>   JvW> clash.
>
> I thought the same. What about 'task'? It would be consistent with the
> way Debian has historically  handled and named collections of packages
> (with tasksel).  Not a big  deal though, I  really like how things are
> evolving here!
Well, but things like Openoffice, KDE, Gnome, etc. (which are currently
in suite:: ) are no tasks, so this would mean to introduce a new
category - which is not a problem by itself. I think suite is fitting
though - task is somewhat misleading. A CDD is not necessarily related
to a task. For me, task would mean something like use::

Best regards Ben