Re: Back with CDD

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

ok, so it maybe should be named simple-ddd, as it's really a tool
outside of debian, and therefore mainly for debian derived
distributions.

Why?  If you can install the package on a plain Debian system using
dependencies that are included in Debian I see no reason to keep it
outside.  It does not matter what is produced if you call the package,
but if it installs nicely under Debian and does the work it is intended
to do I fail to see a reason why you want to keep it outside.

unfortunately, i don't have the time or energy to keep it up to date and
working with a moving target such as etch.

Think about group maintainance.

if others wanted to make simple-cdd a package within debian, and working
with debian etch, i would be thrilled.  i would do what i could to help
that. probably getting simple-cdd moved from the debian-np svn
repository into the cdd svn repository would be a good start.

OMHO, it does not really matter where the svn code is.

though it might be better to focus on improving debian-cd,
debian-installer, and other tools already within debian, and getting
cddtk, into debian, which could make simple-cdd unneccesary.

Ah well, yes this is a valid point. ;-)