Re: Setting GConf defaults for CDD distributions

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> as I've discovered, a few months ago, that CDD distributions are usually
> making ugly hacks to override the GConf defaults in Debian packages, I
> have changed the GConf and debhelper packages to make it easily
> possible. I'd like everyone to stop hacking the default GConf
> configuration and running gconftool in the postinst on random sources.

I'm already using gconftool-2 to install defaults on GConf but your
new approuch is really better and simple.

Would be good if you could provide a list of affected packages that
need upgrade since sarge to have it working there so if someone want
to have it available could backport the needed packages for it. To me
looks that the  current affected packages are gconf2 and
debhelper. That's right?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116