Re: Examples for CDDtool

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:

3. Modify apt-get to support a satisfy-depends, removing the need to do a
fake apt-get install call.
Well, this sounds reasonable in any case.

 Yes, it is useful for testing in any case, if I have the time I'll try to
 implement it, but I have tons of things to do before... ;)
Thinking twice about it, I think we basically have nearly all we need. Isn't

      apt-get build-dep pkg

doing (in principle) what you expect it to do.  The only difference is that
you don't have the control information in a Packages file but your CDD
control files.  (If this was your idea just forget my remark.)