Re: CDD-package inside of Debian or out?

On 25-05-2005 16:28, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>> ...and when they are just suggested, you need to manually and explicitly
>> pull them in. WHAM! there goes your automated distro build tool :-(
>
> Well, there is no other chance I would see.  I think there is a
> configuration
> option for most apt frontends to pull also suggested in.  Where is the
> problem?

I give up. I want automation, but maybe I am the only one in the world
with these odd needs.

>> I want my CDD "source" to generate dependencies depending on the sources
>> available, not hardcoded dependencies!
>
> OK, but even soft coded dependencies do will not help if the non-free stuff
> is somewhere else.  I don't know if non-free is debtagged nor you can't be
> sure that it is in the sources.list.
>
>> I want a tool not hardcoded to a specific package pool (typically being
>> that of the most recently released official common Debian distribution).
>
> But were is the problem?  We write a tool which works inside a set of
> packages which is able to handle this set of packages.  This is consistent,
> isn't it.

Forget it. I think you still talk about the CDD "binary" and I talk
about a CDD "source", but whatever - we are wasting time discussing past
each other.

I'll shut up now.

> If you have any code at hand which works better - I guess nobody will
> prevent you from including it. :)

I am looking at the cddtk code already (since you pointed me to the SVN
archive in Greece, Andreas) - but don't expect too much of me, I am not
a python hacker really.

>> That's why I see a point in using debtags instead of hardcoding.
>
> I fail to see the difference.

No, I realized that :-(

 - Jonas

P.S.

If anybody believe they understood my points then please help - I seem
to not be able to express it clearly.

- --