Re: CDD-package inside of Debian or out?

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

And remember to tell those africans being given a Skolelinux CD that
what they have is only a suggestion - the rest can be had off the Internet.

How to only "suggest" KDE over GNOME when the medium defined as a
criterium for the CDD barely leaves room for one of them?
But how can we help.  If we know that only one of it fits on a CD and
if we know that they can have only a single CD and do have no good
connection to get something else - how do you want to change this.
I'm pretty sure that they have much harder problems than mumbling about
a missing Gnome.  So what?

(if your answer is that "distro space" is not a limiting factor, then
tell Skolelinux that their criteria are wrong).
If the requirement is that the whole distribution has to fit on one
CD (for the reasons above) than I perfectly agree: They do not need
flexibility but something to work with.  Once they are able to work
they will be happy.  Once they get better connection they will have
the wish for more flexibility - and they get it.