[RFC] CDD subprojects on alioth

Hi,
 yesterday evening, after having talked with Sergio and me, Ben has
enabled the CDD's tracker and task sections on
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/cdd/

Now, to easy up work, we should identify some subproject+task to insert
and people wanting to work on them.

So, we need some proposal about subprojects (which name give to them and
what they concern).

All discussions are supposed to be taken on d-custom@l.d.o list, I think
Ben has redirected some email from tracker/tasks system to the list for
the same reason.

>From my point of view at least three macro areas of developing may be
found:

- Packaging: Package something inside a CDD (cdd-dev, debconf, cfengine
  & Co)
- Maintaining: Maintaining packages in a CDD (PTS/BTS & Co. services to
  track packages)
- Managing: Manage the whole CDD (release and Co. issues, including
  liveCDs)

We should analyze them (adding, splitting or whatever you think useful :),
with the final target of identifing a good set of subprojects to start
working on

A Task is associated to a subproject and usually have a starting and
ending date (or better is supposed to be completed in a finite time
period).

Usually there are several ways to see a problem, for instance
should Documentation be a subproject with a task for each thing to
document, or a simple task inside of each subproject?

I think it's a subproject, since it hasn't to be completed, and has task
like "Documentaion of release X" or "Y Conference report".

So I propose at least
- Documentation Project

We wait for your comments :)

cheers,
	c.
--
Cosimo Alfarano, kalfa at {bononia.it,debian.org,cs.unibo.it}
0DBD 8FCC 4F6B 8D41 8F43  63A1 E43B 153C CB46 7E27