Re: SVN Help (Was: [Cdd-commits] r241 - cdd/trunk/cdd/share/menu)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 04:25, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Deleting       cdd/menu
> > svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> > svn: Out of date: '/cdd/trunk/cdd/share/cdd/menu' in transaction '7o'
> > svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> > svn:    '/home/andreas/debian-maintain/alioth/cdd/cdd/trunk/cdd/share/svn-commit.tmp'
> >
> > How can I fix this?
>
> I am approaching this from first principles, as I am new to svn too: did
> you update at the dir above menu?  Perhaps the date on your sandbox copy
> of the menu subdir is simply newer than the date in the repository.
Well, it is newer but why should it not be?  I see no problem in principle
why a directory with a newer time stamp should be a problem.  It was
created via

     svn --force move <old-location> <new-location>

which was absolutely no problem in a similar case.  (The --force option
was necessary because svn asked for it.)

In worst case I do a new checkput but I just want to know "the right
way" to go.