Re: Doc packages

at> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> But this will be used to build the cdd-* packages. Not to built the
>> #CDD#-doc package. If the user need one documentation package he
>> should choose what he like to use.
>>
>> cdd-doc can use sgml and med-doc, built using cdd-dev, latex. I don't
>> see any problem on it.
at> Well, the problem is IMHO the following: Currently med-doc uses
at> SGML with linuxdoc DTD.  A (currently) imaginary np-doc package uses
at> XML with any DTD and a (currently) imaginary jr-doc package uses
at> for instance debiandoc-sgml.  If cdd-dev should provide a Build-Depends
at> from the doc tool we now would have to build depend from at least three
at> different packages (probably even more).  This really sucks.  This can
at> be fixed by either

I doesn't agree with it.

cdd-dev is a binary package and this doesn't build-depends of any
package. The source package cdd build-depends of the doc tool.

If some maintainer what to *use* cdd-dev this does't need your your
build-deps installed, only deps. Your packages then will build-depend
of cdd-dev and of one doc tool, if need.

This is what I see. Is wrong?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116