Re: [Debconf4] CDD World Domination @Debconf4

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 11:38:12PM +0200, Philip Stadermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't posted to the list yet, but I arrived at DebConf today.
>
> > Technical goals:
> >  - Have a tool to make a live-cd out of a CDD
>

> I want to work on a tool generating live CDs. I have some experience
> with Knoppix style live CDs. My goal is to have a tool that
> automatically builds a cloop image from a package pool. After this it
> can be burned to CD. Andreas Müller is also working on this and he has
> brought a mini-cloop-image as reference and some parts of Knoppix
> packaged for hardware detection (also see his earlier mail).

the tool exists and is called metadistros. it basically takes a set of
packages and creates a live CD for you.

Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.25|Helsinki Finland
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Thank you for pressing the self destruct button.
		--[Computer] (Spaceballs)