RE: Beowulf vs Linux-HA

Beowulf-type systems are not intended fo HA, only load balancing. Neither
one is necessarily better, since they have different use cases.

> Let's say I wanted to have a highly available apache server,
> and I didn't even really care about load balancing.  That
> would just be icing.  What would be better?  Something like
> the Linux-HA project's Heartbeat software, or a Beowulf cluster?

HA might be a periphery benefit, but if that is your primary concern, you're
probably better off with using Linux-HA's tools.

In particular, beowulf generally utilizes a single 'head node,' which
controls the sub nodes. This head node represents a single point of failure.

- Patrick Bogen