Beowulf vs Linux-HA

Hey everyone,

I have never setup or even seen a Beowulf cluster in action. But just understanding the concept, it seems like a great way to have a highly available and load balancing cluster. If high availability is the goal, what's better? A Beowulf cluster or something like Linux-HA?

Let's say I wanted to have a highly available apache server, and I didn't even really care about load balancing. That would just be icing. What would be better? Something like the Linux-HA project's Heartbeat software, or a Beowulf cluster?

Thanks,
- GM