Re: mpich 1.2.7 "transition"

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:56 +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > One issue: the gcc 4.0 transition which gives us gfortran also gives us
> > a new C++ ABI.  There's one lib in mpich which is built using the C++
> > compiler, libpmpich++.so (linked from libmpi++.so).  However, those libs
> > are not linked to libstdc++ (ldd doesn't show a dependency, and
> > dh_shlibdeps doesn't auto-generate a dependency on the new libstdc++
> > version.  So, do the new shared lib packages need to be libmpich1.0c2
> > etc?  I think so...  Note that this will require that we all rebuild C++
> > executables and libs to link with the new libpmpich++.
>
> AFAICR this is a result of mpich makefiles calling
> ld manually instead of g++ to link the binaries.
>
> So, the g++ transition should affect mpich, yes.

I see.  Thanks for the clarification, I'll rename the packages when I
build in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, I've put a sarge backport (built by gcc-3.3, without
gfortran and with old names) at:

deb http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian sarge math
deb-src http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debian sarge math

Cheers,